Agenda and draft minutes

Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Wednesday, 5th May, 2021 3.00 pm

Venue: Remote - To be held remotely via Zoom - https://www.youtube.com/user/NottCityCouncil. View directions

Contact: Kim Pocock  Scrutiny Officer

Items
No. Item

1.

Apologies for absence

Minutes:

None.

2.

Declarations of interests

Minutes:

None.

3.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 268 KB

To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 7 April 2021.

Minutes:

The Committee confirmed the minutes of the meeting held on 7 April 2021 as an accurate record and they were signed by the Chair.

4.

Committee Terms of Reference pdf icon PDF 103 KB

For noting.

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The Terms of Reference for the Overview and Scrutiny Committee were noted.

5.

Establishment of the Overview and Scrutiny Call-in Panel pdf icon PDF 109 KB

Minutes:

The Call-in Panel was established with the following membership:

 

Councillor Anne Peach (Chair)

Councillor Carole McCulloch (Vice Chair)

Councillor Georgia Power (Vice Chair)

Councillor Jane Lakey

Councillor Gul Nawaz Khan

Councillor Pavlos Kotsonis

Councillor Ethan Radford

Councillor Roger Steel

Councillor Cate Woodward

 

6.

Work Programme 2021/22 pdf icon PDF 109 KB

Additional documents:

Minutes:

a)  The Committee agreed that much of its scrutiny in 2021/22 will be informed by the progress of the Council’s Improvement Programme and recovery.  The Committee would like to develop its role as a critical friend, with the ability to give proper consideration to, and potentially influence, essential plans and decisions being made in a timely way.

 

b)  The Committee agreed that it would be helpful for the Chair of the Committee and the Scrutiny Officer to meet with the Leader of the Council to discuss the best way to take this forward.

 

c)  In addition, the Committee agreed to schedule the items it has already identified as priorities.

 

d)  The Committee agreed to schedule the following items for the meeting to be held on 9 June 2021:

 

·  Streetscene - to explore the split of responsibilities between residents and the Council; to examine the appropriate deployment of Council resources, as well as the impact of current financial constraints; to review how Street Scene fits into the Public Realm transformation programme and its contribution towards delivery of the Council’s Improvement Programme.

·  Improvement Programme – to formally establish the Committee’s role in scrutinising the Council’s Improvement and Recovery Programme and to agree the items to be discussed at future meetings.

 

e)  The work programme schedule for 2021/22 will be presented to the next meeting of the Committee following further informal discussion with Committee members in the light of the outcomes of the meeting with the Leader.

 

7.

Dates of Future Meetings

To agree to meet at 2pm on the following dates:

2021 – 9 June, 7 July, 8 September, 6 October, 3  November, 8 December

2022 – 5 January, 9 February, 9 March, 6 April

Minutes:

The Committee agreed to meet on the following Wednesdays at 2pm (with a pre-meeting to be attended by all members at 1.30pm):

 

2021 – 9 June, 7 July, 8 September, 6 October, 3 November, 8 December

2022 – 5 January, 9 February, 9 March, 6 April