Report of the Director of Community Protection
Greg Foister, Neighbourhood Development Officer introduced the report focussing on current priorities and issues facing the Dales, Mapperley and St Ann’s wards and giving details of forthcoming events and activities. Greg advised the meeting that it was the start of the civic calendar and new priorities were being discussed as part of the new Council Plan. The following points were highlighted:
(a) Dales Ward:
· Parking and traffic issues continue to be monitored on Oakdale Road, Sneinton Dale Edale Road and around the Academy as well as Parkdale, Watson Avenue and Lancaster Road.
· Local groups and residents are being encourage to take place in the monthly litter picks that take place on the last Saturday of every month meeting a the Dales Centre at 11.15am
· Ward Walks and the Dales week of Action dates are yet to be confirmed.
(b) Mapperley Ward:
· All of the funding for the new Wells Road Community Centre has now been confirmed. The old structure has been demolished and the official orders can be put in places.
· The community Easter Egg Hunt litter pick event in April at Coppice park was well received by children and adults alike.
· There are lots of upcoming events, including Love NG3 at Brewsters Park on 10th August.
· Ward Walks and Mapperley week of Action dates are yet to be confirmed.
(c) St Ann’s
· Following a spike in graffiti funding has been secured to lead on a Graffiti campaign covering Dales and Mapperley wards too. The campaign will start soon.
· Councillors, ASB officers, Nottinghamshire police and other partners continue to work to ensure congregations of young people who are at risk of becoming involved in crime are offered other activities.
· St Ann’s carnival will take place on 7 September. Volunteers are required to help with dressing the carnival float and costume making. Anyone interested can contact Michelle Graley
· The final year of a three-year traffic survey is starting and there is also focus on creating a list of roads/streets with significant potholes.
RESOLVED to note the progress on Ward priorities and other supporting information including the issues being addressed by each neighbourhood Action Team, and upcoming opportunities for citizens to engage, and the content of data provided by CDP for each individual ward and the area as a whole.