Venue: LB 31 - Loxley House, Station Street, Nottingham, NG2 3NG. View directions
Contact: Mark Leavesley Governance Officer
Apologies for absence
Councillor Neal - other Council business
Councillor Armstrong )
Councillor Ibrahim )
Councillor Jenkins ) personal
Councillor Smith )
Councillor Woodings )
Declarations of interests
If you need advice on declaring an interest, please contact the Governance Officer above, if possible before the day of the meeting
Last meeting held on 21 May 2018 (for confirmation)
The Committee confirmed the minutes of the meeting held on 21 May 2018 as a correct record and they were signed by the Chair.
Report of Director of Community Protection
Prior to the meeting, Councillors on the Committee visited Notts County Football Club sports ground to carry out an inspection, accompanied by colleagues and members of the Safety Advisory Group, including Fire, Police and Ambulance Service representatives and Sue Storey, Sports Grounds Safety Authority Lead Inspector for the Midlands. Amanda Fletcher, as Holder of the Certificate, facilitated the visit and attended the meeting to answer questions from the Committee.
At the meeting, Paul Dales, Operations Manager, Safer Business, presented a report of the Director of Community Protection, detailing the main issues, electrical and fire safety management work, deviations from the Green Guide and scope of the proposed ‘General Safety Certificate’.
He stated that there was an outstanding issue in that the Certifying Authority was not yet satisfied with documentation provided by the Club as to the assessment of a safe capacity for the Jimmy Sirrel Stand (JSS) and concourse. Discussion had taken place with the Club and a draft ‘Jimmy Sirrel Stand Action Plan’ document had been circulated, detailing what the Club’s documented plans should contain.
During discussion, the following was stated:
· save for resolution of the documentation issue in respect of the safe capacity of the JSS, Councillors were satisfied as to the terms of the proposed Certificate;
· Councillors noted:
o the general good progress made by the Club in ensuring the safety of those who used the ground for certified purposes;
o the intention of both the Certifying Authority and the Club to work towards a new style Certificate.
· Councillors agreed that in light of an indication by the Club that a final Action Plan could be provided within 14 days, the recommendations in the report should be amended as resolved below.
(1) the Committee notes the terms of the proposed General Safety Certificate and, subject to Jimmy Sirrel Stand concourse capacity numbers, were satisfied as to its content;
(2) the Club be requested to provide to the Council, by no later than 29 July 2018, a ‘Jimmy Sirrel Stand Action Plan’;
(3) following receipt of the Plan in (2) above, and consultation with the Chair, Vice-Chair and Opposition Spokesperson, the Director of Community Protection be authorised to amend and/or replace the existing Certificate;
(4) the appointment of Amanda Fletcher as ‘General Safety Certificate Holder’ be noted.